The Ashram School, Chennai Review
Started by Mrs.Latha Rajnikanth, this educational institute follows
Tamil Nadu State Board, ICSE, Cambridge. Also students have option to switch from one to another.Also own board called TASC (which is recognised in certain part of country).
There are only 30 to 40 students max in each section and so the attention given to students are quite concentrated. This school teach real values in life: the cultural values, importance of god, respect and fear in life, ability to distinguish good from bad - to be able to make decisions on own, leading a level headed life. They provide all round skills development, attitude, maintaining good health, physical exercise & sports.
1. No academic pressure on students (as other schools in chennai doing) but it doesnt mean that they dont care on academics that is also going along with other activities and students when they come out will be masters in atleast two to three apart from studies.
2. Good van services and personal care on van services that every van will have one person along with driver.(see they are even very cautious in many aspects, one thing to state for example, the van will not have any reverse turn on any route that their planning is such that in the traffic city of chennai.
3. No pressure on lunch and snacks for parents so that they can send the children with lesser weight.(people may think that fees is on the higher side, it is not so it is comparable with any other school in the city)
4. Friendly attitude of teachers so that children will not have any problem in approaching teachers (but sometimes it may be a problem when they go to other schools for any reasons like transfers etc.,) but still students will manage that they have courage in facing any situation because they made overall character building and providing self-confidence
5. Also the way they give cultural programmes both teacher made and student made (called annual day - teacher made, melas- students made) is simply superb.
6. Also the kind of support they give for sports activity (you cannot imagine that they may send students for any sports even at 10th or 12th standard when other schools are busy preparing the students to eat studies and vomit in exam (excemptions cbse/icse schools)
7. Also equal importance to participate in any kind of co-curricular activities like any form of quiz, debates, etc., (any number of students can participate)and they may not give pressure to win (as other schools are doing that only few students can participate only if they can win only). here participation is also welcomed and the practice, it lead to win.
They run a foundation which encourages many activities, financial support and awards.Recently they have started another school for kids called "Aradhana".