Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering, Shimoga Review
About JNNC College of EngineeringThis college was established in the year 1980 by National Education Society which was one of the best society in Malnad region. This college was affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum with Autonomous status to the institution and also it approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Entire campus was spread in the area of 40 acres with full facilities to cater the needs of the students.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- This college has one Football ground and a Cricket ground which are covered with green grass and also One Indoor stadium to play badminton,Table Tennis and other indoor games. This college had a separate Gym facility for boys and girls. Several tournaments are being conducted every year in these grounds some are national level and some are inter college tournaments.
Here is the list of various tournaments conducting every year:
- All India Inter steel-plant Cricket tournament
- Youth Football tournament
- South Zone Inter university running and fast walk competitions.
- Some other Inter college tournaments conducted by Visvesvaraya Technological University.
General Facilities available in the campus
- Hostel: Separate hostel facility was available for boys and girls in the campus. Three boys hostel to accommodate 400 students. Single room will be provided to boys and girls for final year and P.G students only.
- Transportation: Transportation facility was available for students throughout the city.
- One Canteen is available for students and staff which cater good food of both North Indian and South Indian styles.
- One extended branch of Vysya Bank, Co-operative Society and post office to meet the needs of the students.
Labs:All the labs in the college are up to date every lab is approved by AICTE. Recently ECE branch was shifted to a newly constructed three storeyed building with good infrastructure.
Teaching quality:Most of the teachers are done their M.Tech and are experienced in their respectively field. Only head of the departments have done their Phds. Over all teaching is nice.
Upcoming events:This college is going to conduct an event name is TECHZONE2014 which is going to be held on March 7-9, 2014 in the campus itself as a part of Annual function of the college.
Placement Cell:Separate placement cell is present in the college to facilitate campus placements in the college and this cell is responsible for the conduction of campus interviews and also trains the students to meet the needs of present Industry.
Hang outs and Other Events:National Service Scheme (NSS) unit is very active in the college & under this Blood donation camp is conducted every year and some of the interested students can also participate in ID/RD Parade. Students can also participate in National/State level NSS programs like planting trees, Adopting villages etc.
Some Important places around the college usually students go out when they are free.
- Lion Safari was there near the campus which was one of the best place to go out when students are free. This college was located in Shimoga city which was the district headquarter so we have so many Cinema Halls and malls to spent our free times.
- Jog falls which was the biggest waterfalls in India was located at the distance of 103 KM from the campus hardly it took One Hour to reach which was one of the best tourist place to visit with friends.