Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Engineering & Technology, Pune Review
This is a co-educational college with compulsion of uniforms. Boys wear shirt-pant and girls are supposed to wear salwar-kameez. Students come here from local area and out of Pune/out of Maharashtra for studies.
Location This college is situated almost close to the Mumbai Pune Highway in Sant Tukaram nagar in Pimpri area & therefore easily accessible. Direct buses and autorickshaws are available. The bus stop is very close to this college, at a walkable distance. A famous company called "Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd (HAL)" is the landmark here. Petrol pump is available in nearby location, which is convenient for students who come on their motorcycles/bikes.
- College campus accommodates a lot in a limited space available but it is enough. It has separate buildings for engineering course, hotel management course, law and ACS (Arts, Science and Commerce) courses. The open ground is expansive, with a touch of nature. Several plants are grown here.
- Parking space available around college campus. It is always packed with bikes.
- Nearby locations are full of small restaurants, canteen, stationery shops, paying guest accommodations and hostels.
Engineering section facilities:
- Three storey building with sufficient number of classrooms to accommodate all engineering branches with no inconvenience. Classrooms are capacious and airy with large windows.
- Large and well facilitated library offers students to carry books along after registration for a specific period. One has to show library card issued to him/her by administrative office while asking for a book.
- Reading room is provided where students can study, do their theory work or can read books issued from the library.
- Laboratories of various categories are well differentiated. It consists of microprocessor/microcontroller, process and instrumentation, plc programing, java and c language programming. It has sufficient equipment required for practicals. Students perform practicals in a group.
- A huge workshop is available for mechanical related activities. Welding & moulding type of practicals are performed here. Every student has to do the work here individually. Apron provided to perform in workshop, it is compulsory.
- A spacious seminar hall situated on the topmost floor of the college building is used for multipurpose roles like for seminar, farewell party, fresher's party, cultural activities, award functions, funfair etc.
- Every year sports day is organized. College does not have a playground inside campus. Sports activities are carried out in other playgrounds out of the campus. There is a huge ground available near to the college which is owned by HAL. This ground is used for cricket competition between different branches of engineering. Other sports like relay race, 100 meter race, 400 meter race are held in a stadium a little far from college campus. Indoor games like chess are carried out in the seminar hall.
- Lecturers are well qualified but from teaching point of view I would mark them as average. Lab assistants are good in their job.
- This college facilitate campus selection in last year of BE, but do not perform better in this field. Very few companies visit here and IT companies are in majority. All branches do not get benefited from campus selection. They need to work more on it for the sake of students.