Balasore College of Engineering & Technology, Balasore Review
Balasore College of Engineering and Technology Balasore College of Engineering and Technology established in the year 2001, serving in the field of various engineering courses.
This college is affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha and ISO 9001: 2008 certified.
Not only students from all over Odisha get admitted here but also number of students from other states also land here for education mostly from North-East regions like Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Kolkata.
Location It is situated at Chennai - Kolkata highway (NH-5) in Shergarh, Balasore of Odisha state and easily accessible. Direct buses and autorickshaws are available. Shergarh market is nearer to this college.
Nearest bus stop is at a 5 minutes walking distance. Nearest railway station is Balasore at a distance of about 11 kms from this college.
Two famous temples namely Jagannath temple and Panchaligeshwar temple situated there in nearby Nilgiri region at a distance of approximately 30 minutes of travel.
College campus facilities
- College campus is spacious, widely spread in abundant fresh and green ambiance, encompassing various blocks/buildings such as administration, library, engineering, MBA, MCA, girls hostel, boys hostel, and canteen.
- A rich library with abundant books and reading materials available with spacious reading room attached to it.
- Sufficiently facilitated laboratories for different streams of engineering provided. Lab assistants are helpful.
- Workshop available for mechanical related activities, students perform individually with the help of workshop assistant.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty present here to impart education. They are good at teaching.
- Campus furnished with Internet connection.
- Conference hall used for multipurpose like meetings, seminar and conferences.
- Bus facility provided for the students staying out of the campus hostel and at the nearer places. Parking space available inside campus for the vehicles.
- A small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, present inside campus.
- Students are facilitated here with gym and cafeteria inside campus. Students flock here with their interests. Also the college campus is provided with the facility of Punjab National Bank ATM for the whole individual concerned with this college.
- This college doesn't offer industrial tour for students but they are given a chance for one day picnic on behalf of college.
- Graduation Courses offered here are Civil engg, Electrical Engg, Mechanical Engg, Information Technology, Computer Science & Engg, Electrical & Electronics Engg, Electronics & Instrumentation Engg, Electronics & Telecommunication Engg. Civil Engg was not there at the time of establishment but included later on.
- Post graduation Courses included here are Electronics & Telecommunication Engg, Mechanical Engg, MCA and MBA.
- Students of earlier batches were not offered for campus selection as this facility was not provided initially but now it has.
Admission Admission for under graduate and post graduate courses, is on the basis of Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) carried out by Government if Odisha and AIEEE.