National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur Review
NIT Hamirpur is one of the top engineering college in Himachal Pradesh.NIT Hamirpur is established in the year 1986.It is first started as Regional Engineering college.It is first engineering college to be established in Himachal Pradesh.It comes under the list of top 50 government college in India.
College is just at the distance of about 3 Km from main bus stand.It is situated in Anu.One could reach college through regular bus service.There is Radio Station center adjacent to the college.It is situated at a distance of about 180 km fom chandigrah.
Nearest Railway station:
1.Una is the nearest railway station to it. It is at a distance of 85km from Hamirpur.There is regular bus service to Hamirpur from Una.
2.Kalka is another nearest railway station to the Hamirpur.It is at distance of about 130 km from Hamirpur. There is regular bus facility from Kaka to Hamirpur via Una or Via Bilaspur.
1. Gaggal is the nearest airport, which is situated in Kangra.Kangra is about 80 km from Hamirpur. There is regular bus service as well as taxi service from Kangra to Hamirpur.
2. Bhuntar is another airport in Kullu nearer to it.It is about 150 Km from Hamirpur.
1. B.Tech in CSE
2. B.Tech Civil Engineering
3. B.Tech Electrical
4. B.Tech Mechanical
5. B.Tech Elect & Comm.
It also provides admission for M.tech.
1. For B.Tech courses fee is about 25000 per semester.
2. For M.Tech courses Fee is about 24000 per semester.
1. Hostel Facility: There are hostels for faculty members,students with in the campus.
2. Separate gym for both boys and girls,badminton court,basketball ground etc.
3. Library Facility: Library has sitting capacity of 100 student in reading hall and 50 readers in audio visual hall.
4.Auditorium:college has separate auditorium for cultural activities.
The college has a better track record in placement of students.Every year more than 30 companies including MNCs visit college.More than 90% students placed for 2009 batch.Placement in Mechanical and Electrical trade is 100%.
Average salary package is about 3.5 lakhs and maximum salary package is 10.50 lakh offered by Power Grid corp. Ltd.
Sasken Comm.Tech., Bangalore
Some of Companies Visited the Colllege:
1.Bharat Electronics Ltd.
2.DLF Universal Limited, Gurgaon
3.TVS Motor Company
4.Atos Origin India Pvt.Ltd., Mumbai
5.Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., New Delhi
7.Tata Consultancy Services, New Delhi
5.Ashok Leyland Ltd., Chennai
8.Computer Sciences Corporation, Delhi
9.Alstom Projects Pvt.Ltd., Delhi