|Review By: Harish Jharia Review Date: 31 Jul 2009 |
The Organization behind formation of HCET, Jabalpur
Hitkarini Sabha, the institution behind the formation of HCET, Jabalpur, was initially founded well before independence of India. It came into existence in the year 1868. Since then, the history of Hitkarini Sabha is synonymous to Indias Freedom Movement.
Subsequently Hitkarini Sabha switched-over to managing 8 Colleges, 16 Schools and one computer center, enrolling more than 13,000 students and employing more then 1000 teachers and staff for imparting education to the people of the Mahakoshal region of central India.
The College- HCET, Jabalpur
Hitkarini College of Engineering & Technology has been established with a mission to pursue excellence in Technical Education with the highest academic breakthroughs. It not only imparts education to the students with Engineering Degrees but also enriches their knowledge, courage and career avenues with the help of its hi-tech and ultra modern infrastructure on campus.
The College is situated at Hitkarini Hills in Laxmibai Ward of Jabalpur, about 6km from Jabalpur railway station and 8km from bus stand.
The institution has large infrastructure consisting of main building, well-equipped classrooms, an open air auditorium, a well stacked and managed library and computer centers. The main building of HCET has a total built-up area of 20,954 sq m, comprising of Directors Chamber, Principals Chamber, Account Office, Admin Block, Amenities, Library and various Laboratories.
HCET have introduced concept of digital library by installing the latest library software that has been developed by the software professionals of HCET.
HCET have established automation software in order to make the desired books accessible by bar-coding each book. The users have been issued with photo ID cards for making the process of issuing books and location the book with the person issued with. The next step is going to be having this library connected via internet with libraries at the Technical University and other colleges.
Master Degree Courses:
• MBA - Master of Business Administration
• MCA - Master of Computer Application-
Bachelor Degree Courses
• BE[EC] - Electronics and Communication Engineering
• BE[CS] - Computer Science & Engineering
• BE[ME] - Mechanical Engineering
• BE[IT] - Information Technology
• BE[CE] - Civil Engineering
• BE[EX] - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Procedure for Admission to BE Courses:
Students are admitted to B.E. on the basis of their performance in the following entrance tests:
• All India Engineering Entrance Examination ( AIEEEs)
• Pre-engineering Tests (PETs)
• On-line counseling conducted by the Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, (RGPV) Bhopal.
• 20% of intake capacity seats are reserved for AIEEE Score Cardholders
• 80% seats are MP quota seats
Procedure for Admission to MCA Students:
Admissions to MCA course can be sought through
• AIMCA Entrance Test
• Pre MCA test conducted by Professional Examination Board, (Vyapam) Bhopal.
• 20% of the intake capacity seats are reserved for AIMCAET Score cardholders
• 80% are filled through the candidates qualifying in the Pre MCA test
Procedure for Admission to M.B.A. Course 2007-08:
• Eligibility for admission to two years full time MBA course is graduation or a post-graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate
• The graduation should be with three years of regular study after passing 12th class examination of 10+2 scheme or equivalent.
• Management Entrance Test (MET) is conducted by Professional Examination Board, MP
• Professional Examination Board (PEB / Vyapam), MP
• Admissions are given through counseling conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE)
The college has sponsored hostels for boys and girls in residential areas providing all basic facilities for lodging, boarding and having congenial atmosphere for studies.
Hostel admission to the hostel is subject to admission in the Institution and availability of accommodation. Admission to hostel is made on first-come first-served basis. Application for hostel admission should be made on a prescribed Application Form to be obtained from the office of HCET.
Placement Cell at HCET, Jabalpur
HCET have well equipped separate wings for training and placement for providing comprehensive job listings, career counseling & training on industrial trends to the students. The cell is consistently involved in placement of final year students and training the second and pre final year students, by organizing personality development program, technical seminars and discussion with field experts.
Training and placement cell continuously interact with the corporate world to get feed back to improve their teaching methodology for imparting the latest breakthrough to their students. This helps the HCET placement cell to prepare their students for arming them with the latest know-how required to contest in the placement tests, interviews and counseling.
Read complete review
|Extra Curricular: |