|St. Lawrence School is one of the best schools of Kolkata. It is also one of the oldest schools in Kolkata. It started its journey in 1810 at Sealdah. In 1937, the school shifted to the present campus at Ballygunge Circular Road. In 1981, the hostel and school chapel were shifted to a new complex.|
The school is a Jesuit Christian Minority Institution. The school is affiliated to West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (Xth level) and West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (XIIth level). The performance of the students of the school has been uniformly good. The school offers wide range of subject-combination at X+II level. This is a boys' school. The medium of instruction is English. The school has its own transport arrangements for students and teachers.
The school offers various facilities to the students, some of which are mentioned below:-
1. Apple Labs
2. E-learning Platforms
3. Tata Class Edge System (Smart Classrooms)
4. Three Computer Labs with the latest operating system
5. Three Science Labs (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
6. Geography Lab
7. Well-maintained Library
8. Auditorium for lectures and performances
9. Lush green play grounds
10. Various Extracurricular activities: debate, extempore, drama, elocution, music, etc.
11. Games and athletics: football/cricket/hockey/badminton/basket ball
12. Indoor games: table tennis, caroms, chess
13. Student exchange programmes
14. NCC (including Air wing)
15. Academic medals/prizes, merit-cum-scholarships
16. Career counseling
17. Swimming pool
18. Well-maintained hostel
There are four Houses in the school. These are: Xavier House, Loyola House, Britto House and Aloysius House.
- Partha K.