About Navy Children School
Established in November 1989, the Navy Children School at Colaba, Mumbai is a co-educational school under the aegis of the Navy Education Society (NES).
Infrastructure & Facilities All the spacious classrooms are equipped with interactive smart boards. Full-fledged facilities are available in the fields of football, cricket, hockey, basketball, handball, table tennis etc.
- Classes are from Std. I to XII, with English being the medium of teaching. The syllabus and curriculum is as per the CBSE Board.
- In Std. IX & X there is a language option wherein a student can select between Hindi and Sanskrit.
- From Std.VI to Std. VIII: Students learn Sanskrit as a third language.
- From Std.I to Std.XII: All students learn Computer Science.
In Std.XI: Computer Science is an elective subject for students in the Science stream.
- In Std.XI: Informatics Practices (IP) is an elective subject for students in the Commerce stream. Options available are: Economics, Computer Science, IP, Biology, Geography, Mass Media and Physical Education.
- Students have to take up compulsory subjects in the Humanities stream, namely English, Economics and Psychology. In this stream, students can select between certain optional subjects, namely History, Maths, Fine Arts (Painting), Geography and Mass Media.
- The school also offers varied vocational programs, including carpentry, pottery and social work at the middle school level.
Co-curricular & Extracurricular ActivitiesThe school conducts regular field trips and excursions. Competitive programs related to music, debating and elocution are also organized between the various houses, namely Angre, Asvini,Kunjali and Trata. There are a number of activity clubs too, such as nature club, book club, dramatics club, fitness and skating club, photography club, etc. Students are also selected for inter-school competitions.
Unique aspects of the school
- The school has a National Cadet Corps (NCC) Junior unit, which enables students to develop leadership skills. Up to 25 students are selected for the unit, with enrollment taking place in June to mid-August. As part of the NCC program, the cadets are taken on tours, sailing trips and camps.
- The school has an in-house qualified counselor to offer personal counseling & vocational guidance when required.
- The school has a learning center for dyslexics, slow learners & gifted students.
Admissions Registration forms for admissions to the Navy Children School, Colaba, Mumbai is available at the school office in February/March every year. The registration fee is not refundable. Priority is given to the wards of Navy personnel and to those of other Armed Forces.
Admissions for 2024 - 2025 Academic YearPlease contact the school directly for the admission procedure in specific schools.
|Did you find any wrong or incomplete information here?
Please submit correct information (... and earn revenue).