About The GeeKay World School
The school was established in July 2010 in an intention to meet the demand for high standard education in the diversified community of India. The School's vision is to bring a better future by focusing on individual student and developing his/her Intellectual, Physical, Emotional, Social & Spiritual traits. The mission is to inspire leadership traits in students, to excel in a multicultural era and cultivating a desire to learn and adapt to changes and therefore they could shine as a role model in their desired fields. The school's strength in the academic year 2018-19 is 611.
NOC Number: 56562/G1/S4/2010
CBSE Affl.No: 1930317
TGWS creates a secure atmosphere for all students. The campus has technology integrated smart classrooms for all classes from Kindergarten to Higher secondary, which include audio-visual aids, powerpoint, pictorial representations etc. The school has 1 library with 7500 books and CD collections, Cambridge English exam preparation centre, 3 science labs and 2 IT labs.
Boarding/Hostel facility is available from grade 4 students. 1 boys' hostel, 1 girls' hostel and 1 staff quarters are existing. TGWS provides hygiene food and RO water for all hostel students and students who opted for food.
Sports: 5 acres of the playground is used for basketball, volleyball, football, cricket and skating. TGWS facilitates for Swimming with a separate building and 25 meters swimming pool, Swimming is a mandated sport for all students from KG to +2.
Transportation facility: TGWS has more than 20 air-conditioned school buses. It covers the areas in and around Vellore district namely Ranipet, Walajapet, Arcot, Vellore, Gudiyatham, Shollingur, Katpadi, Lalapet, Ponnai and Ammoor.
School also has musical equipment to enrich kids in cultural both Classical and western.
Teachers from different countries too are recruited to provide excellent insights into an international curriculum for students. Teacher-student ratio of TGWS is 1:20
The school follows CBSE syllabus up to 7th grade. From the 8th to 12th, the school follows both CBSE and IGCSE. To make the school as a world school, TGWS included some special programs and syllabus which are blended to the regular CBSE and IGCSE syllabus. The IGCSE is a Cambridge syllabus, which is widely recognized. The second language options are Tamil, Hindi and French.
Special education are provided to the students who have disabilities in studies. Currently, classes for kids affected with dyslexia, dysgraphia, hyperactivity; marginal autism are functioning.
Kindergarten to grade 5: The school has a unique programme for students from Kindergarten to grade 5 called GeeKay Integrated Primary programme(GIPP). This programme concentrates on academic and technological skills. Under GIPP, the kindergarten kids are taught English, maths, physical education, art & crafts, music and dance. The primary students are taught, English, languages, maths, social studies, science, technology, performing arts, visual arts. Cambridge English Proficiency Test is given to primary kids which are administered by the Cambridge Language Assessment Wing.
Grade 6 to Grade 8 For this group of students, Integrated middle school program (IMSP) is designed and implemented to reduce the gap between primary and middle school environment. It mainly concentrates on humanitarian skills. These kids are taught languages, integrated science, math, humanities and arts, Information technology, community service and life skills.
Higher secondary: TGWS follows the Cambridge AS/A Level Program and CBSE-AISSCE program at higher secondary. CBSE - AISSCE includes English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science and Informative Practices. TGWS provides a unique subject combination in higher secondary as per the students' interest and requirements. Cambridge AS/A level at TWGS includes subjects English(AS level), Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Business Management, Psychology, Accounting, Applied ICT.
Co-curricular TGWS facilitates for students to learn Yoga, chess, dance, art, craft, Embroidering, doll making, clay modelling, painting, pot painting, swimming, skating, abacus and robotics. Also, encourage students to excel in communication by involving in activities like advertising a product, debate, collage making etc. Social responsibility programs like Reaching the unreached, Helmet Awareness program, TN flood relief initiative and blood donation camps are held to bring social responsibility among students.
Committee TGWS has redressal committee and sexual harassment committee to listen to students' grieves and help them in solving problems through counselling and teamwork.
Adventure Camps TGWS takes kids to adventure camps regularly to build independence and leadership qualities. In the academic year 2018-19, students were taken to Bangalore and Malaysia.
- TGWS is ranked No.1 Day Cum Boarding School in Tamil Nadu for the fourth time in a row in the Education World –C Fore Ranking, New Delhi. It retains this award since 2015.
- TGWS was listed in top 25 international schools of India by Brainfeed School Excellence Award in 2016.
- Education Today recognized TGWS by giving India's Best schools, Jury's choice Award in 2016.
- TGWS got 2 golds with individual championship at TAISI-The Association of International Schools of India -11th Sports Meet at Maharashtra in Nov 2018.
- In Open State Skating Championship, TGWS won 1 Gold, 5 bronze and 1 individual championship.
- In a District Level Skating Competition – Vellore organized by Vellore District Association.(2014-2015), TGWS won 14 Gold, 9 silver and 4 bronze.
- In TAISI-The Association of International Schools of India -Maharashtra in 2014-15, TGWS won 2 silver and 1 bronze medals.
- In state level tennis tournament organized by Vellore District Tennis Association, TGWS won 1 silver medal.
- TGWS students appear in ASSET benchmark assessments, Scientific Olympiads and Spell Bee regularly.
- Students are trained for cultural by RAACK Academy, Chennai.
- Abacus program is present in TGWS.
- Students are prepared for Cambridge English proficiency test.
- TGWS' Money wizard program helps kids in finance management at young age.
- IIT Foundation/Advanced/JEE /AIPMT Coaching are provided within the campus.
Admissions for 2019 - 2020 Academic YearAre you looking for admissions to The GeeKay World School for the academic year 2019 - 2020? We can connect you with the best schools in Ranipet. Contact us for further details.
|Did you find any wrong or incomplete information here? |
Please submit correct information (... and earn revenue).