Schools » Schools in Tamil Nadu » Schools in Poigai »
Government Boys Higher Secondary School, Poigai Vellore
Are you looking for the best Government school for boys in and around Poigai? Check out details of GBHSS Poigai which are provided at this school page.
About Government Boys Higher Secondary School, Poigai Vellore
Government Boys' Higher Secondary School, Poigai is a well-established Government school in the locality. It was founded in the year 1981, to provide quality education to the boys in and around Poigai. The school is located 8 km from the Vellore new bus stand. It is expected to have an airport about half a kilometer away from the school campus, in the coming years. Poigai Maatu Sandai is also nearby to the school and is a known landmark to locate the school easily.
Academics The Government Boys' Higher Secondary School, Poigai has classes from 6th to 12th. The school follows the Tamil Nadu State Government syllabus. The medium of instruction is available in both English and Tamil. Students who opt for Hindi as a second language are taught Hindi alone by an external teacher. It has the following groups to choose in +1: Tamil, English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology;
Tamil, English, Commerce, Accountancy Economics and Computer Science
Campus facilities The school is spread on 4.10 acres of land area. 6 blocks have been constructed for academic and administrative purposes. 2 acres of land is set aside for the playground, this situated between the blocks. The school has limited sports equipment. There are 24 classrooms with light and fan facilities. The school has 3 fully equipped science labs and one computer lab One open auditorium is there for daily assembly and cultural presentations. The school has a library with 460 books. The school has toilet facility as well.
Teaching faculty For 6th to 10th standard, teachers with an undergraduate degree and B.Ed degree are recruited based upon their TET results. For 11th and 12th class, teachers with Postgraduate degree and B.Ed degree are recruited based upon their TRB results.
Extra curricular activities Students are encouraged to participate in debates, elocution, poetry, and essay writing in school and inter-school competitions. GBHSS Poigai school Kabadi and Kho Kho teams give their best at zonal level competitions.
Government schemes The school provides textbooks for all the students, and mid-day meals and bus pass to the needy students. The school also provides cycles or bus pass to the students from 11th standard.
Best thing about the school The school has very good results, with 75+ pass percentage in the 10th board exam every year. and 80+ pass percentage in the 12th board exam every year. This is higher than any other Government schools in Poigai. Many of the GBHSS Alumni joined the Police service and Indian Army.
Documents required for admission-
1. Transfer certificate from the previous school
2. Birth certificate
3. Aadhar card
4. A student joining the 9th standard has to provide a bank passbook in addition to the above documents.
5. A student joining +1 has to provide the 10th mark sheet in addition to the above documents.
Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic YearAdmissions to schools in Poigai for the academic year 2021 - 2022 may be affected due to COVID-19 pandemic. Ask your questions as a comment below and someone familiar with the admission process will get back to you.
|Did you find any wrong or incomplete information here? |
Please submit correct information (... and earn revenue).
Find similar schools:
Government Boys Higher Secondary School, Poigai Vellore Reviews
(No reviews found.)
|You may write a review for the school 'Government Boys Higher Secondary School, Poigai Vellore' and earn revenue.|
- Little Jacky Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chengalpet
- Vidya Mandir, Estancia, Chennai
- Forallin | Playschool in Chennai | Top 100 best playschool in Chennai
- Parvathy's Anugrahaa International School, Dindigul
- Sri Seshaas International Public School, Salem
- Subbiah Central School, Tirupur
- Jeeva Public School, Salem
- Jairam Public School, Salem
- Golden Gates Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Perambalur
- Velalar Vidyalayaa Senior Secondary School, Erode
- Kamalam International School, Dharmapuri
- Sri Vidhyodaya, Cuddalore
- Sabarmathi Vidhyalaya Public School, Ariyalur
- A M Public School, Nadupatti, Omalur, Salem
- AJC English School, Kumbakonam
- Guru Shree Shantivijai Jain Gurukul International School, Chennai
- DAV Matric Higher Secondary School, Avadi, Chennai
- Holy Sai International School, Guduvanchery, Chennai
- Maharishi Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School, Coimbatore
- Kalaimagal Aided Primary School, Vadamadurai
Updates & Comments:
(No updates or comments found. Use the option below to submit your comments and feedbacks.)
Return to Schools