Schools » Schools in West Bengal » Schools in Howrah »
Tarasundari Balika Vidyabhaban, Howrah
Tarasundari Balika Vidyabhaban is one of the best school for girls in Howrah. It is also one of the leading schools of West Bengal. Learn more about how to take admission in Tarasundari Balika Vidyabhavan, reviews, course fees, and other details.
(No photos found.)
About Tarasundari Balika Vidyabhaban School
Tarasundari Balika Vidyabhavan, often abbreviated to TSBV, is one of the best schools for girls not only in the Howrah district but in the entire state of West Bengal. The school has a legacy of over a hundred years and has continued to serve as a prime educational institution of the district.
A brief history of Tarasundari Balika Vidyabhavan In the year 1911, to facilitate and advance women's education in the locality, a doctor by the name of Mr. Sarat Kumar Das founded "Bantra Coronation Balika Vidyabhaban". It started as a primary school, offering courses from classes I to IV, and was housed in the Kundu House just opposite to the present school building. Later, an heir of the original founder, Mr. Dhirendra Kumar Das purchased the land and constructed the present school building, having named it Tarasundari Balika Vidyabhaban to commemorate his beloved mother Smt. Tarasundari Devi. Since then, the school has been housed at the present building and has relentlessly catered to the need for women's education and empowerment. Mrs. Bibha Ghosh served as the first Headmistress of the school.
TSBV Howrah is a government-sponsored Bengali-medium school. The Secondary or the 'Madhyamik' section up to the tenth standard is affiliated to the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education. The Higher Secondary or the 'Uccha Madhyamik' section, which consists of standards XI and XII, is affiliated to the West Bengal Council for Higher Secondary Education. The school's HS Index Number is 106088 and the U_DISE Code is 19161502102.
Facilities The school has facilities for online admission and online result publications. The school is also ICT-enabled. There are three computer laboratories in the school. At present, the total number of students enrolled in school is 1673, and the number of computers exclusively for the use of students is 176. Thus, Tarasundari Balika Vidyabhavan has a very good student computer ratio (approximately 9.5). There are also three computers in the Common Room for the teaching staff, and four computers for Office use. Apart from that, there are five computers in the library, and one in the room of the Principal. As of now, there are 58 teachers in the school and all of them are trained in the use of computers. The student-teacher ratio is roughly 29:1.
Admissions for 2024 - 2025 Academic YearPlease contact the school directly for the admission procedure in specific schools.
|Did you find any wrong or incomplete information here? |
Please submit correct information (... and earn revenue).
Find similar schools:
Tarasundari Balika Vidyabhaban School Reviews
(No reviews found.)
|You may write a review for the school 'Tarasundari Balika Vidyabhaban School' and earn revenue.|
- Apex Academy, Purba Medinipur
- Merry Gold School, Munshirhat, Howrah
- Xavier's Model Secondary School, Himnagar, Dankuni, Hooghly
- New Vista Academy, Sarsuna, Kolkata
- St Montfort's Senior Secondary School, Baruipur
- Saraswati World School, Hooghly
- Central Model School, Amtala, South 24 Parganas
- Saltlake Shiksha Niketan, Salt Lake, Kolkata
- Orchids The International School-New Town, Kolkata
- Doon Heritage School, Siliguri, Darjeeling
- The Summit School, Sonarpur, Kolkata
- Netaji Subash DAV Education Society, Jiaganj, Murshidabad
- Burdwan Model School, Purba Bardhaman
- IEM Public School, Salk Lake, Kolkata
- Sarada Vidyapith, Hooghly
- St Andrews Public School, Kolkata
- Stratford Day School, Habra, North 24 Parganas
- Springfields Academy, Serampore, Hooghly
- Don Bosco School, Berhampore, Murshidabad
- Dolphin English Medium School, Howrah
Updates & Comments:
(No updates or comments found. Use the option below to submit your comments and feedbacks.)
Return to Schools