Overview Seksaria Sushila Devi Public School, located at Gijrauli in U.P., is an English medium school provisionally affiliated to the CBSE Board, New Delhi. Established in 2005, as of now the school is offering education from LKG to X. Classes will be subsequently upgraded to standard XII in the coming years. There is one teacher for approximately 45 students. The school arranges for a regular Parents-Teachers Association (PTA) interactive meet. Information on various school activities are informed to the parents via circulars and an annual magazine is issued each year to the students.
Infrastructure and Facilities The SSD Public School campus is about 2 acres with a playground, with security personnel manning the gates and a boundary wall keeping out intruders. In addition to a science lab, there is a computer center where students from Std.1 upward are taught the basics of computer usage. The school library is stocked well with subject-wise books. Periodicals, encyclopedias and dictionaries are also available as well as useful audio-visual learning aids. Students from Std.1 onward have an allotted library period.
Sports facilities include courts for lawn tennis, basketball and volleyball, an athletic track and a hall for indoor games like carom and chess. Yoga classes are also conducted by a certified instructor.
For transport, the school has rented a school bus to transport students within 500 meters from a prescribed bus stop near the student's residence. While students can avail of their own facilities as arranged by their parents, the school has made it very clear that no student is allowed to ride a 2-wheeler independently.
The campus is well lit, with backup generator equipment and filtered drinking water is available for all.
Academics Pre-primary classes are Lower Kindergarten (LKG) and Upper Kindergarten (UKG). Primary classes are from Std.1 to Std.5. Secondary classes are from Std.6 to Std.10.
The school offers the CBSE Board curriculum, which includes English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Maths, Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology), Environmental Science, Social Science (History, Civics, and Geography), Computer Science, General Knowledge, Value Education, Music (vocal and instrumental), Art and Craft, Games and Socially Useful and Productive Work (SUPW).
Other than a physical education teacher, there are experienced faculty to impart training in vocal and instrumental music as well as dance. Each year students from various classes are taken on learning-cum-fun excursions.
Students are evaluated via both written and oral tests. Weekly tests are scheduled each Monday for students from Std.1 to Std. 5 and each Wednesday for students from Std. 6 to Std. 10. An exam is scheduled also half-yearly and annually. In order to move on to the next class, students of Std.1 to Std.8 must score a minimum of 40% in all subjects. For those in Std.9 students must get a minimum of 40% in 5 subjects with minimum 33% in one subject. Grades are also assigned to students for their co-curricular activities, these being Music, Dance, Art & Craft, and Physical Education for students of Std.5 to Std.8 and the same plus Yoga for students of Std.1 to Std.4.
Co-curricular activities Like in any school, the SSD public school has 4 Houses to inculcate a team spirit amongst students. These are: Ishaan House (Red House), Aagney House (Yellow House), Vayavy House (Green House) and Naritya House (Blue House). Sports and co-curricular competitions are conducted regularly between the various Houses. At the end of the academic year, the Best House in terms of academic achievements, general conduct, attendance, activities, etc. is awarded the prestigious Principal's Shield.
Unique Awards Academic awards are issued to all students. Students from Nursery to Std.4 get awards of First Proficiency, Second Proficiency and All Rounder awards based on their academics and creative activities. From Std.5 onward, a scholar badge is awarded to those appearing in the class merit list as per their academics, attendance for class and exam scores. Those who receive this badge for 3 consecutive years will be given a school blazer. Scholars who have held this position for 6 successive years are awarded a gold medal and a black blazer. A silver medal and black blazer is awarded to students who have been scholars for six years with a one-year gap. The prestigious award that includes the School Colour with a Gold Medal is for scholars of 9 successive years (thus only for students who pass Std.9).
Important school rules
- Every student must maintain 75% attendance before an exam to be eligible to appear for the exam. If there is repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than 10 consecutive days, then it is possible that the student's name will be struck off the rolls. In that case, a fresh admission fee will need to be paid if the student applies for re-admission and there is a vacancy.
- On the first day after a vacation and on the last day prior to the vacation, it is mandatory for the student to be present and those absent due to an illness need to submit a medical certificate to that effect.
- A medical certificate needs to be submitted if a student has been sick for more than 5 days.
- Punishment and fines are imposed for bad conduct, such as damaging property on the school premises, bullying, disobedience, etc. Suspension and termination are possible in case of severe indiscipline. Like on the football field, yellow and red cards are issued as per the offence, with 2 yellow cards leading to a red card.
- In case the parents wish to withdraw a student from the school, they need to submit a 1 month's notice in writing or a month's fee in lieu of the said notice period before withdrawing their ward from the school. A Transfer Certificate will be issued only after all the fees/dues of the School have been paid.
AdmissionsChildren can get admission to Nursery, LKG and UKG through an interview + entrance test to check the child's writing skills. Provisional registration for admission from LKG to Std.9 can be obtained with submission of the requisite registration form along with a non-refundable registration fee of Rs.400/- through cash mode of payment. The registration form along with the prospectus is available at the school office [refer to address given above at the school page] or city office [refer city office address below]
Age criteria for getting admission is as follows:
- For Nursery: 3 ½ years as on 1st April in the preceding year of the academic session.
- For LKG: 4 ½ years as on 1st April in the preceding year of the academic session.
- Students cannot take admissions in Std. 10 and Std.12.
City office of the school:
Hathras - 204 101
Phone number: 9219403684