MBA is the most sought-after course for many in India. Management is having its own complexity and organisations are looking for people whose managerial skills are good and who can run their businesses progressively. That is why many professionals who are in service also trying to acquire MBA from the best institute in the country.
For such people, distance education is a boon. They are trying to do MBA from top-class institutes so that the degree will give a new look to their resume.
There are many institutes offering MBA but these degrees are just for writing them after our name. But MBA from a standard institute will be very helpful to a student to get a job and prosper well.
There are many universities and Institutions in India offering MBAs in distant mode. The best five are discussed below.
1. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMs): It is the best B School offering MBA through distant mode and accredited with NAAC Grade 'A' certification. They have an excellent set-up for imparting education and training in distant mode.
2. Sikkim Manipal University: It is one of the oldest universities which started distance learning programs in India. The distance education MBA program of this university is very popular. The course structure is based on industry standards and designed by qualified professionals from the industry itself. One of my close relatives is a Professor at this university. He says that this is the best MBA degree.
3. IGNOU: The oldest open university imparting education by distance mode almost from the last 5 decades. The IGNOU MBA is o reputed and well-accepted distance education program in the field of business management.
4. Annamalai University: It is one of the oldest and most well-known distance education universities in South India. The university is having several specializations that are designed industry standard-wise.
5. Lovely Professional University: The courses offered by this university are user-friendly programs. The distance education program received accolades from many industries.
There are many institutes in India that offer MBA in distance mode. Here is the list of institutions that offer distance MBA courses in India:
1. Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU)
2. Sikkim Manipal University
3. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
4. Annamalai University Tamil Nadu
5. NMIMS, Mumbai (Narsee Monjie Institute of Management Studies)
6. ICFAI University
7. Amity University
8. Mumbai University
9. Birla Institute of management technology
These Universities are the best university that offers MBA courses in distance mode. For more information, you can check the official website.
Here are the top 3 Distance MBA courses in India:
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) - IGNOU is a distance education institution that offers an MBA program through its School of Management Studies. The program has a duration of 2.5 to 8 years and covers topics such as finance, marketing, human resources, and operations management.
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL) - SCDL offers a two-year PG Diploma in Business Administration program, which is equivalent to an MBA. The program covers topics such as marketing, finance, and human resources management, and also offers specializations in various fields.
ICFAI Business School (IBS) - IBS offers a two-year MBA program through its distance learning division. The program covers various aspects of business management and offers specializations in areas such as finance, marketing, and human resources.
These institutions have a strong reputation for delivering quality distance MBA programs in India and have been accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) under the Ministry of Education.
The following institutions offer distance MBA courses in India:
1. Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU)
2. Institute of Management Technology -Ghaziabad(IMT-Centre for Distance Learning)
3. Annamalai University Tamil Nadu
4. NMIMS,Mumbai (Narsee Monjie Institute of Management Studies)
5. Sikkim Manipal University
6. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
7. ICFAI University
A few universities are also offering courses in Management studies like Delhi university. One should visit the websites of the above listed institutions for the latest details of fee structure, admission procedures and other facilities offered.
Distance education in MBA is suitable and useful for working executives and management officials, students who cannot join the regular academic management colleges and institutions. So prospective student should consider the purpose and prospects like career enhancement in the present job if any or fresher opportunities, time and convenience available, fees ,placement prospects etc. and accordingly select the institution that gives optimum suitability.