A good education abroad consultant should have the following qualities-
1. The consultant should have a good command of the rules and regulations pertaining to immigration. These immigration rules will be different from country to country. All the consultants will not have a grip on the immigration rules of all the countries. So we should choose a consultant who is having a full idea about the immigration rules of that country and should have the competency to advise us.
2. The consultant should have a good track record of sending some students to their desired destinations. So we should see the experience of the consultant.
3. The consultant should be able to provide information about various universities, colleges and courses that are suitable to you and in line with your goals.
4. The consultant should also be able to provide you with various options that are available in respect of available scholarships and loans. They should be able to help us in processing the application and get the sanction.
5. They should have good communication skills, administrative skills and good subject knowledge.
How to know whether the consultant we are approaching is having the above-mentioned qualities? One can follow the following points in this respect-
1. First of all list the consultants available in your area. This can be done by doing a Google search or talking to some known contact or friends.
2. Visit their offices and try to get as much information as possible with respect to their experience, track record, etc.
3. These days all the consultants will have their own website. You can visit their website. They will give elaborate information about them that will be useful in selecting the consultant.
4. Check the services they are providing and see whether any special services are there with any of the consultants.
5. How they are responding to you and your communications will also make you assess their capabilities.
6. Check for the reviews about their performance and also talk to the students who interacted with them earlier.
Make a comparative statement of all the points of all the consultants you have listed and approach the best one. Before finalising the consultant talk to them about their charges and about the country to which you are planning to move.
There are many fake consultants in the market. Please be careful in selecting a particular consultant.
Choosing the right education consultant is a critical step in studying abroad. Here are some tips on how to choose the best education consultants to study abroad:
1. Research and compare: Do some research online and compare the services and fees of various education consultants. Look for reviews and testimonials from their clients to get an idea of their reputation.
2. Check their credentials: Look for consultants who are certified and have experience in the field of international education. They should also have a good understanding of the admission requirements, visa procedures, and other relevant information.
3. Check their affiliations: Look for consultants who are affiliated with professional organizations and associations in the field of international education. This can be a good indicator of their credibility and professionalism.
4. Consider their responsiveness: Choose a consultant who is responsive and communicates promptly. They should be able to answer your questions and provide you with relevant information in a timely manner.
5. Check their services: Look for consultants who offer a range of services such as admission assistance, visa guidance, financial aid advice, and pre-departure orientation. Make sure that their services align with your specific needs and requirements.
6. Schedule a consultation: Schedule a consultation with the consultant to discuss your goals, preferences, and concerns. This will give you an opportunity to assess their professionalism, knowledge, and expertise.
7. Trust your instincts: Ultimately, trust your instincts and choose a consultant who you feel comfortable working with and who you believe will help you achieve your goals.
By following these tips, you can choose the best education consultants to study abroad and make your journey towards studying abroad a smooth and successful one.
There are many study abroad consultants in our country and some of them are having very strong online presence also. A student who is desiring to get education abroad has to consider many things before approaching a study abroad consultant. Though consultants help in many matters related to study abroad but every consultant will have strength in certain areas and in this respect they will differ from one another. In my view the student should go through the details of consultants as available in their websites but should consider following aspects before selecting one of them. One has to see ones requirement in a focused way so that one can shortlist the consultant out of so many good ones available.
1. Does the student want help in the matters of educational loan and scholarships? If yes then that should be evident in the services mentioned by the consultant.
2. Is the student interested only in some particular country or ready to go to any other country? Some consultants give service only for select countries while others might be providing it for more.
3. Does the student want to reside in university allotted accommodation or private living? Some consultants are very good in arranging accommodation, food, and other related services at reasonable cost in foreign countries.
4. The student should check whether the consultant is providing help in tests like IELTS and TOEFL.
5. It is also to be seen whether the consultant can provide all the details regarding the courses available in a foreign university and their fees.
6. Consultant should be able to provide a smooth Visa process and other formalities for going abroad.