JEE Advanced test is supposed to be the toughest among all the entrance tests. Every year number of students attending is increasing and hence a tough competition. So students who take this exam seriously should devote their time and energy to getting prepared for the examination. It is wrong to think that spending more time with books is the best way to prepare. But utilising the time properly and making a concentrated and focussed effort is more important. A strategy to clear the examinations should be made and the same should be followed meticulously.
The following are some important points for preparing for the examination.
1. Plan of study should be made in detail and it is better to have an hourly plan including activities other than study also a part of this schedule. Making a plan is of no use unless otherwise, we follow the same.
2. Go through the syllabus carefully. It is very vast. Do not overlook any important portion. By going through the syllabus, you will understand where more stress is required.
3. The time you get may be short and you should plan to utilise the same very effectively. Never spare time for unnecessary activities.
4. The secret lies in your strength on the subject. Never ignore basics. You should understand the basics well. Once you understand the fundamentals, understanding the developments in the subject will always be easy.
5. NCERT books are the best books and don't miss them to read. Many apps are developed by some of the famous coaching institutes which can be downloaded on your smartphone and you will get all the reference material in it. That will help you a lot in saving time as you need not search for various books.
6. Make a habit of noting down important points while you are reading, listening or viewing a video. That will become a reference book for you and you can review the points whenever you want. Some people will be having the idea of highlighting the points in the text itself. But that will not make you save much time.
7. Stick to studying the books you have selected. Don't go on reading different books. Sometimes. That will make you get confused.
8. Get model papers and old papers and answer them. This will become a practice for you so that you will understand the way that is to be adopted to complete the paper within the time frame. At the same time, you can understand the pattern of questions and you may become perfect in answering your question paper in the examination.
9. Don't go for combined study with people who are fast learners or slow learners than you. I feel it is better to read alone. But in case of any doubt, you can discuss it with your friends.
10. Please remember that our teachers in high school will be very useful and never hesitate to contact them to get your doubts cleared.
11 Keep good health and have a controlled diet. Avoid outside junk food. That will ensure that you will not lose time because of your health problems.
12. Keep a little time for relaxation in between your preparation schedules. That will help you in getting your mind refreshed.
Go ahead and wish you all the best.
What is JEE
IIT JEE mains and advanced are the entrance exams for admission to IITs and NITs. It is the dream of all students to clear JEE (Join Entrance Exam) for getting admission to IITs or NITs for making careers in Engineering fields. The exam is conducted in two phases the first phase is mains where you have been selected for advanced. If you clear the second advanced phase, you would be able to get admission to any IIT according to your choice and merit list of advanced examination.
Guidelines for preparation
The JEE exam is very competitive, and you have to work hard if you want to clear the exam. Though it is difficult but not impossible. If you study smartly, you would be able to crack the JEE. Some important preparation tips are given below:
- Make it your goal to clear IIT from the beginning of the 9th standard. Start your study for JEE from 11 standards do not wait to clear the higher secondary examination. Its too late and you would miss two years of preparation for JEE.
- Study from the NCERT books as most of the questions are asked from NCERT. Solve the MCQ questions provided in NCERT books after every chapter.
- Solve the numeric questions for Physics and chemistry after learning every concept. If you have any doubts, clear your doubt immediately with your teachers.
- Make a plan for study and follow it strictly. Give equal time to all three subjects, but concentrate more on the hard subjects.
- If affordable join an online platform like unacademy or Physics Wallah which provides tuition at a very reasonable cost. You would be able to solve test papers and different shortcut methods from teachers to save time at the examination hall.
- Contacat your senior who has clear JEE and tries to understand their routine and make a better plan for yourself accordingly.
- Solve the JEE papers of the previous years and it would really help you a lot.
- You can also practice test at India Study Channel, it would really help you to understand the question patterns of JEE.
So, by following the above tips, you would be able to prepare JEE examination in a better way. Motivate yourselves. Always be positive and try hard. Prepare mentally because it is said that 80% mind set and 20% effort. so, you must have mentally prepared to crack the JEE.
All the best
Preparing for the IIT JEE (JEE Advanced) exam requires a disciplined and focused approach. Here are some guidelines and tips for preparing for the exam:
1. Understand the exam format: The IIT JEE (JEE Advanced) exam is a computer-based test that consists of two papers, each with three sections - Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
2. Know the syllabus: The syllabus for the exam is vast, so make sure you understand what topics are covered in each section and prioritize your study accordingly.
3. Develop a study plan: Create a study plan that includes a realistic timeline for covering the entire syllabus. Make sure you allocate enough time for each section and for revision.
4. Practice, practice, practice: Practice is key to success in the IIT JEE (JEE Advanced) exam. Solve as many practice papers and sample papers as possible to get familiar with the exam format and to improve your speed and accuracy.
5. Seek guidance: Join a coaching institute or seek guidance from experienced teachers or mentors who can help you with your preparation and provide you with valuable insights and tips.
6. Stay focused and motivated: Preparing for the IIT JEE (JEE Advanced) exam can be challenging, so it's important to stay focused and motivated. Take breaks when you need to and engage in activities that help you relax and recharge.
7. Stay updated: Keep yourself updated with the latest news and information about the exam, such as changes in the exam format or syllabus.
Remember, preparing for the IIT JEE (JEE Advanced) exam requires consistent effort and dedication. With the right approach and mindset, you can achieve success and secure admission to one of India's premier engineering colleges.