IndiaStudyChannel has partnered with several academic counselors in India who can help you with Admission process in the nursing colleges in India. If you are looking for admissions to Nursing colleges for any nursing colleges like B. Sc Nursing, contact us today and we will get back to you with proper guidance.
B.Sc Nursing, course details and admission process is described below.
Thanks to COVID-19, the importance of the nursing profession is enormously increased. In the health care system, nurses are regarded as the backbone of the industry. The corporate nursing homes and multispecialty hospitals are increasing in number day by day, and hence there is an unexpected increase in the demand for nurses, I feel.
A candidate obtaining a graduate degree in nursing makes the way easy to start a career as a nurse. BSc Nursing is a four-year professional programme that stands for Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The BSc Nursing degree gives good training to the candidates in many aspects of healthcare management. This course will give required inputs to the candidates in developing new care models, conducting health assessments, and improving work procedures to improve healthcare quality. Biochemistry, Dietetics, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Child Health, Mental Health, and Forensic Nursing, are some of the subjects that are being taught in this course.
Many colleges admit students to their institutes by conducting an entrance test.
Eligibility: The eligibility criteria for this course are as follows.
• The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years of age
• The maximum age limit is 35 years
• Candidates who passed class 12 with Physics, Biology, English and Chemistry as mandatory subjects are eligible to apply for BSc nursing admission
• Candidates should fulfil the cut-off requirement in the qualifying entrance exam for BSc nursing admission.
Admission test: Some institutes do admissions based on the score obtained in NEET. Some colleges are conducting their own admission tests. Some states ate conducting state-wise entrance tests for this course.
Admission Process Nursing Course in India:
1. The admission process starts with the application filling up. Some institutes are allowing the online filling of the application. But some institutes are asking for offline applications only.
2. The institute will scrutinize the application and then issue admit card or hall ticket for attending the admission test if required.
3. Appearing for the admission test, if required
4. The test results and cut-off marks will be announced.
5. Attending the process of counselling on the date as called for.
6. Allotment of college and seat as per the rank and availability
7. Paying fees and start attending college.
An undergraduate can go for a job or can go for higher studies if interested.
B.Sc. Nursing admission in Kerala 2023:
Entrance Test is made mandatory for B Sc. nursing admission from academic year 2023-24. However Kerala State has now come up with an order that in the state this year also the admission will be as in last year i.e. without entrance tests.
The relevant state authorities are said to be taking up with Nursing council to exempt entrance test for this year also.
However still there are two opinions among the nursing education institutions in the state. While one side wants it to continue as it was in last years, without entrance tests, the other group says it may endanger the future prospects of the students. This they reason by citing the warning letter issued by Nursing Council if its directions to conduct entrance test is not followed.
Now that the uncertainty of not taking a decision is removed, students and parents can feel a bit relieved.
B. Sc. Nursing is a very good option for students of biology to make their career in the medical field. The demand for nursing is continuously increasing in India day by day. B.Sc. Nursing is a degree course with a great scope for a career.
The admission process for B. Sc. Nursing starts in May every year. The process for admission varies statewide. In some states, they conduct an entrance test and on the basis of the merit list, they provide admission to B. Sc. In some states, you can get admission to B. Sc. Nursing on the basis of marks obtained in higher secondary examinations.
The eligibility to get admission in B.Sc. nursing is you must have passed a high secondary examination from any recognized board with a Biology subject.
If you are a student of Maths or commerce and want to make a career in the field of nursing, you can take admission in GNM nursing which is a diploma course.