Indian Institute of Science | Admissions to 2022 - 2023 Academic Year
Study Abroad Consultants
Universities in India
Universities in Karnataka
Indian Institute of Science - Admissions to 2022 - 2023 Academic Year
Located in Bengaluru, the silicon valley of India, the Indian Institute of Science is one of the most reputed science institutions in the country. It is famed for its higher education and research in diverse domains. A deemed university, it has Jamsetji Tata as its founder. Learn about this premier university, which is also an Institute of Eminence.
Assistant Registrar (Academic),
Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore – 560 012
080 – 22932210 / 2977 / 2333 +91 80 2293 2228
Apply for Courses in Indian Institute of Science
We can connect you with the admission consultants who can guide you on the admission process to Indian Institute of Science.
Click the link below to get started.
Apply for Admissions
Read more at the official website:
Indian Institute of Science Admissions for 2022 - 2023 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions to Indian Institute of Science for the academic year 2022 - 2023? We can connect you with the right colleges affiliated to Indian Institute of Science for various bachelor and PG courses.
for further details.
IISc or Indian Institute of Science is India's premier institute engaged in research as well as higher education in the areas of Science, Engineering, Design, as well as Management. It is located in Bengaluru, India.
IISc offers undergraduate, as well as research (PhD and Integrated PG with PhD) through its various departments or divisions.
1. Biological Sciences division - Offers undergraduate, PhD, Integrated PhD courses in various areas of biological sciences through centers of Bio Chemistry (BC), Central Animal Facility (CAF), Center for Ecological Sciences (CES), Center for Infectious Disease Research (CIDR), Center for Neurosciences (CNS), Microbiology and Cell Biology (MCB), Molecular Biophysics Unit (MBU), Molecular Reproduction, Development, and Genetics (MRDG).
2. Chemical Sciences division - Offers postgraduate, as well as PhD (regular PhD and Integrated PG-PhD which is open for candidates who have completed their degree.) in various areas of chemistry through centers of Inorganic & Physical Chemistry (IPC), Organic Chemistry (OC), Materials Research Center (MRC), Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Research Center (NRC), Organic Chemistry (OC), as well as Solid-State and Structural Chemistry Unit (SSCU).
3. Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Science division - Offers postgraduate, as well as research programs in areas like Computer Science & Automation (CSA), Electrical Communication Engineering (ECE), Electrical Engineering (EE), and Electronic Systems Engineering (ESE).
4. Interdisciplinary Research division - Conducts research through various institutes for research such as Center for Infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation & Urban Planning (CiSTUP), Center for Biosystems Science & Engineering (BSSE), Center for Society & Policy (CSP), Center for Nano Science & Engineering (CeNSE), Department of Computational & Data Sciences (CDS), Department of Management Studies (MS), Interdisciplinary Center for Energy Research (ICER), Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences, Interdisciplinary Center for Water Research (ICWaR), Robert Bosch Center for Cyber Physical Research (RBCCPS), Super Computer Education & Research Center (SERC).
5. Mechanical Sciences division - Offers research as well as postgraduate courses through Aerospace Engineering (AE), Center for Atmospheric & Ocean Sciences (CAOS), Center for Earth Sciences (CEaS), Center of Excellence in Advanced Mechanics of Materials (CoE), Center for Product Design & Manufacturing (CPDM), Center for Sustainable Technologies (CST), Chemical Engineering (CE), Civil Engineering (CiE), Divecha Center for Climate Change (DCCC), Materials Engineering (Mat. Eng.), Mechanical Engineering (ME).
6. Physical & Mathematical Sciences division - Offers Research as well as postgraduate courses through its various centers namely, Astronomy and Astrophysics Program (AAP), Center for Cryogenic Technology (CCT), Center for High Energy Physics (CHEP), Instrumentation & Applied Physics (IAP), Mathematics (MA), and Physics (PHY).
Along with this, Autonomous Centers like Society for Innovation & Development (SID), Center for Brain Research (CBR), Advanced Bioresidue Energy Technologies Society (ABETS), as well as Karnataka State Council for Science & Technology (KSCST), also offers research in various areas.
IISc Admissions details
Undergraduate programs are open for candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent with Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, along with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry with first class or 60% marks. JEE mains(
JEE mains 2019
) or KVPY (
Kishore Vaigyanic Protsahan Yojna
Postgraduate admissions are open to candidates with a valid GATE(
) (for M.Tech courses), as well as JAM (
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc courses
Integrated PhD courses are open for candidates who have passed their degree courses, along with a good performance in JAM. For example, candidates with B.Tech or equivalent can seek admission to Bio Sciences at IISc Bengaluru, if he / she qualify Biotechnology paper in JAM.
PhD admissions are only open to candidates with a valid GATE as well as NET/JRF scores. Those candidates will have to undergo a GD/PI in order to get admission to PhD at IISc Bengaluru.
Online applications for IISc admissions :
For more information, checkout 'Admissions' option at IISc Bengaluru website.
Apply for Admissions
Colleges Affiliated to Indian Institute of Science
Indian Institute of Financial Planning, Noida
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal
Institute of Health Managament Research (society), Jaipur
Indian Institute of Science (IIS), Bangalore
information about your college and
Previous Years Question Papers
Find previous years question papers and model question papers from Indian Institute of Science.
Gate 2010 Entrance Question Paper for Mechanical Engineering
Gate 2012 Entrance Question Paper for Instrumentation Engineering
Gate 2012 Entrance Question Paper for Chemical Engineering
Gate 2012 Entrance Question Paper for Mechanical Engineering
Gate 2012 Entrance Question Paper for Computer Science Engineering
Gate 2012 Entrance Question Paper for Civil Engineering
Gate 2011 Entrance Question Paper for Electronics and Communication Engineering
Gate 2012 Entrance Question Paper for Electronics and Communication Engineering
Gate 2011 Question Paper for Electrical Engineering
Gate 2012 Paper for Electrical Engineering
Find more Indian Institute of Science question papers...
previous years question papers and
(No photos found.)
Admission News & Announcements
(No news found.)
Indian Institute of Science
Post News & Announcements
related to this university.
More universities in Karnataka
Yenepoya University, Karnataka
Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Karnataka
University of Horticultural Sciences, Karnataka
Srinivas University, Karnataka
Sri Siddhartha University, Karnataka
Sri Devraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research, Karnataka
Reva University, Karnataka
Rani Channamma University, Karnataka
Rai Technology University, Karnataka
Presidency University, Karnataka
Updates & Comments:
(No updates or comments found. Use the option below to submit your comments and feedbacks.)
Return to Universities
Looking for University or College admissions in India for 2022 - 2023 Academic Year?
Sheo Shankar ...
Last 7 Days
Awards & Gifts
Submit Guest Articles
SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.