Study Abroad Consultants
Universities in India
Universities in Kerala
Cochin University of Science & Technology - Admissions to 2024 - 2025 Academic Year
Are you looking for an University re accredited by NAAC with A grade in Kerala? Cochin University of Science and Technology is the best choice in Kerala for reputation and exploration of science and technology.
South Kalamassery, Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala, 682022, India
Phone number: +91-484-2577290, +91-484-2577550
Vice Chancellor: Prof. (Dr.) J. Letha
Ph: 0484 - 2577619(O),0484 - 2575397(F)
Apply for Courses in Cochin University of Science & Technology
We can connect you with the admission consultants who can guide you on the admission process to Cochin University of Science & Technology.
Click the link below to get started.
Apply for Admissions
About Cochin University of Science and Technology
Cochin University of Science and technology was initially inaugurated as University of Cochin in 1971 and restructured into its present name in February 1986. The motto of the University is to bring light in the life of teachers and students with learnings. ("Tejasvinavadhithamastu"). The rules, policies and regulations being followed by CUSAT are from Kerala Service rules and Cochin University of Science and Technology acts and statutes.
The University certifies the degrees in Engineering, Technology, Science, Management, Law, Marine, Environmental, Economics and Humanity at undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctorate levels. CUSAT is one of the best University in India to gain degrees in Marine sciences with better experience.
CUSAT has three campuses. The main campus is at Thrikkakara. This campus is spread across 180 acres of land. The green environment with ups and downs of hill view and fresh breeze gives the campus a peaceful green environment. The main
building of the campus is designed with the touch of classical Kerala architecture. The campus consists of Administrative office, various departments and schools (except marine sciences), corresponding Engineering labs and Workshops, guest house, visiting faculty complex, hostels(3 Men's hostels and 5 Women's hostels), Computerised Central library with free internet access, computer centre, Coffee houses and Canteens, central library, Staff quarters, post office, bank, health centre, telecom centre, gymnasium, playgrounds and courts.
Lakeside campus: The campus is located on the shores of Lake Vembanad. It is only 20 kms away from Cochin harbour. Still the view of Arabian sea and Cochin harbour from the campus is breathtaking and inspirational to the exploration of marine sciences.
The campus is the home of Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering. It also has the school of Environmental studies and the department of industrial and Men's hostel. The campus has facilities for in-depth learning and research in all branches of Marine sciences, which includes mooring jetty and sea going vessel. This campus makes CUSAT to be one of the few Indian Universities in India, providing fully equipped amenities and programmes to teach all disciples of Marine sciences.
Fine Arts Avenue
Cochin - 682 016
Pulinkunnu Campus: The campus is located in Kuttanad, which is famous for tourism. The campus is located on the green environment with beautiful view of backwater, paddy fields and gentle breeze.. It is the home for Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad(CUCEK) and Cochin University College of Computer Application(CUCCA). The courses being offered in this campus include various Engineering, Technology and computer applications.
College of Enginnering, Kuttanad Campus,
Pulincunnu, P.O, Alapuzha District,
Alapuzha- 688504. Ph: 0477 2707500.
Programmes/ Courses offered:
B.Tech and B.Tech Lateral Entry Programmes
The courses offered under the department of Engineering (except Marine Engineering) available in main campus and Pulinkunnu campus. They are:
1. B.Tech. civil Engineering (C.E)
2. B.Tech. Computer science and Engineering(C.S)
3. B.Tech. Electricals & Electronics Engineering(E.E.E)
4. B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering(E.C)
5. B.Tech. Information Technology(I.T)
6. B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering (M.E)
7. B.Tech. Safety and Fire Engineering
Lateral Entry to III semester of respective B.Tech Courses are offered. Also, the University B.Tech in Naval architecture and Ship building, Instrumentation Technology and Polymer Science & Engineering . Marine Engineering is housed in Lakeside campus of CUSAT. It is a residential programme.
Eligibility for B.Tech courses
1. For CE, CSE, ECE,EEE, IT, ME, Safety and Fire Engineering: Pass in +2 with 50% marks in Mathematics and 50 Marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry put together. For Socially and ducationally backward candidates(SEBC) pass in +2 with 45% marks in Mathematics and 45% in Mathematics, physics and Chemistry put together.
2. For Instrumentation Technology: Pass in +2 with 55% marks in Mathematics and 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.For Socially and Educationally backward candidates(SEBC) pass in +2 with 50% marks in Mathematics and 55% in Mathematics, physics and Chemistry put together.
3. For Polymer Science and Technology: Pass in +2 with 50% mark in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
4. For Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Pass in +2(10+2) with aggregate of 60% in total, 50% in Mathematics and 50% in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
5. For Marine Engineering: Pass in +2 with 50% marks in Mathematics, 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry together and 50% marks in English.
Vocational/Diploma students are not eligible to apply. The age of the candidate must not exceed 25 on September 1st of that year admission.
6. For B.Tech lateral entry Programme: Pass in 3 year diploma in Engineering/Technology with minimum 60% marks. The age of the candidate must not exceed 25 on July 1st of that year admission. Admission of all B.Tech courses are based on the Score in CUSAT Admission Test(CAT).The admission to B.Tech Lateral entry is based upon Lateral Entry Test(LET). Admission for Marine Engineering is based on the directions from Directorate General of shipping(DG)
M.Tech Courses (full time)
1. M.Tech. Civil Engineering(Geotechnical Engineering)
2. M.Tech.Mechanical Engineering(Thermal Engineering)
3. M.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering(Wireless Technology)
4. M.Tech.Information Technology(Software Systems)
5. M.Tech.Computer Science and Engineering(Network Computing)
6. M.Tech.Marine Engineering
7. M.Tech.Health, Safety and Environmental Management
8. M.Tech. Engineering Statistics (Course offered only in alternate years)
Eligibility for M.Tech Courses:
1. Maximum age limit is 40 for all M.tech programme as on 1st August of every year's admission.
2. Pass in B.Tech/B.E course in relevant branch with minimum of 60% marks from the recognized University.
3. Pass in section A and B of the examinations conducted by Institution of Engineers(India)
4. AMIE in respective branch shall be eligible.
5. Valid GATE score in respective branch.
6. Admission is based on GATE score. In the absence of GATE score, DAT score will be considered. When the two candidates' GATE score is same, the marks scored in qualifying examination is considered as tie-breaker.
7. Candidates without GATE score can be considered, if the candidates applied to the course with GATE score are not sufficient. In that case, Candidates without GATE Score has to appear for DAT examination.
There are few other M.Tech (full time) programmes, for which candidate's master's degree in relevant branches are also considered for eligibility. Some seats of these courses are sponsored by the Research and Developments institutions of State/ Central Governments, Industrial establishments in Public/ private sectors and/or recognized University in India/ Department of Technical Education of Kerala. They are:
1. M.Tech Ocean Technology
2. M.Tech Marine Biotechnology (Stipend Rs.8000/per month will be provided)
3. M.Tech. Electronics(Digital Electronics, Microwave and Radar Electronics)
4. M.Tech. Polymer Technology
5. M.Tech Computer Aided Structural Analysis & Design
6. M.Tech. Opto Electronics & Laser Technology
7. M.Tech. Computer & Information Science
8. M.Tech.Software Engineering
9. M.Tech.Atmospheric Science
10. M.Tech.Industrial Catalysis
1. M.Tech Civil Engineering(Construction Engineering and Management)
2. M.Tech Chemical Engineering(Process Engineering)
3. M.Tech Electrics and Electronics Engineering(Power Electronics)
4. M.Tech Mechanical Engineering(Production Engineering)
5. M.Tech Computer Science(Embedded Systems): Evening course and offered only on alternative years.
These are part time programme with six semesters. No.of seats available are 15.
Admission is based upon the DAT score.
Eligibility to join the course are:
1. Pass in B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Sc Engineering in respective branch with minimum of 50% marks. For M.Tech Computer Science(Embedded Systems), the degrees
B.Tech/B.E C.S.E/ I.T/ E.E.E/ MCA with 60% marks/ equivalent CGPA are considered.
2. Candidates with Basic degree in Science or Diploma in Engineering should have Passed in sections A and B examinations in respective branches conducted by Institution of Engineers(India), Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers and Indian Institution of Chemical Engineers.
3. Minimum 2 years of Experience in the respective field after gaining the qualifying degree. (Optional). For a year of experience in the respective industry/University is a must.
CUSAT facilitates research and human resource development within the syllabus.
Eligibility: pass in B.E/B.Tech/ B.Sc Computer Science/ B.C.A/ any B.Sc with Maths as one of the main subjects/ graduate in Electronics/ IT with aggregate 55% marks in all subjects other than English and Humanity. Lateral Entry to III semester seats are also available.
CUSAT offers both full time and part time MBA programme. Full time MBA has 4 semesters and part time MBA programme has 6 semesters. It offers specialization in the areas of Finance, Marketing, Human resource, Information technology, Production & Operations, International business, Travel and Tourism Management.
These are full time programme with 4 semesters and admissions are based upon CAT.
Main eligibility to apply for M.Sc programme is minimum 55% of marks in the qualifying degree from the recognized University.
1.M.Sc. Environmental Technology(Environmental Bio-technology)
Eligibility: B.Sc Life science/Environmental Science/ Botony/ Zoology/ Micro biology
2. M.Sc Meteorogy
Eligibility: pass in B.Sc Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Computer science.
3. M.Sc Oceanography
Eligibility: B.Sc Physics/ Mathematics (B.Sc Mathematics degree holder should have
Physics as one of the subjects in his course).
4. M. Sc Industrial Fisheries
Eligibility: B.Sc Botony/ Zoology/ Fisheries.
5. M. Sc Applied Chemistry/M. Sc Chemistry
Eligibility: Pass in B. Sc Chemistry/ Polymer Chemistry/ Environmental Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry/ Petrochemicals (main) with Mathematics as one of the subsidiary subjects
6. M. Sc Marine Biology Eligibility: B.Sc.
7. M.F. Sc Sea food safety and trade
Eligibility: Bachelor degree of Fisheries/ Food technology/ Food microbiology/Zoology/ biochemistry
8. M.Sc Mathematics: Eligibility: B.Sc Mathematics
9. M.Sc Physics: Eligibility: B.Sc Physics
10. M.Sc Statistics: Eligibility: B.Sc Statistics
11. M.Sc. Hydrochemistry
M.A Applied Economics:
Pass in B.A Economics with minimum 55% of marks in Economics or pass in B.Com/BBA/BBM with minimum 60% of marks and economics as one f the subjects or pass in B.Sc Mathematics/Statistics with 65% of marks.
Eligibility to join M.Phil programme is to avail minimum 50% of marks in their respective master's degree and to get qualified in DAT
1. M.Phil Life Sciences
2. M.Phil Marine Chemistry
3. M. Phil Chemistry
4. M.Phil Applied Chemistry
5. M.Phil Commerce
Certificate Programmes in CUSAT
CUSAT under the department of Humanities offers Certificate programmes in English and foreign languages(French, German, Italian, Japanese and English) for 1 year. They are part time courses(Evening). Eligibility to join the programme is pass in +2/pre degree. Admission is based on interview and/ DAT.
Admission test: All CUSAT programme admissions are based upon any one of the following test.
1. CAT: Cusat Admission Test consists of 250 objective type multiple choice questions. Questions are based upon +2 syllabus. The split of questions as follows: Mathematics - 125, Physics and Chemistry together - 125. Test duration
is for 3 hours.
2. LET: The Lateral Entry Test consists of 200 objective type questions from various subjects for maximum 600 marks. The split of questions as follows: Proficiency in English - 20, Mathematics - 50, Engineering Mechanics - 40, Engineering
Graphics - 40, and General Engineering - 50 questions. Test duration is for 3 hours.
3. DAT: Departmental Admission Test consist consist of written test and interview. Candidates must score minimum 50% in written test to attend interview. Interview is conducted by research team or sub committee. Committee enquiries and analyse the candidate's academic qualification and research proposal made by him/her.
International students are students from foreign countries/ student whose origin is in India but resides abroad. They can either join CUSAT by self financing or through ICCR, where ICCR provides scholarships. International students are exempted from admission tests. International student has to submit following documents to the registrar at the time of applying:
1. Application form: downloaded from online after paying $100
2. Passport copy
4. Passport size photograph(2)
5. Copy of marksheets
6. Character certificate from Head of the institute where he/she last studied
7. 2 reference letters stating about his/her academic knowledge.
Read more at the official website:
Cochin University of Science & Technology Admissions for 2024 - 2025 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions to Cochin University of Science & Technology for the academic year 2024 - 2025? We can connect you with the right colleges affiliated to Cochin University of Science & Technology for various bachelor and PG courses.
for further details.
Course details, CUSAT
CUSAT Faculties, Departments, and Centers - click on each departments/ faculties for course details
Admission details, CUSAT
CUSAT conducts its own all India level entrance, CUSAT Common Admission Test (CUSAT CAT) for admission to its various UG, and PG programs.
Candidates with a valid
score will be getting preference for M.Tech admissions.
MBA admissions at
will be based on
For PhD admissions, candidates with a valid NET/JRF/CSIR or equivalent will be getting preference. Other than this, there will be a department level admission test for PhD, conducted by CUSAT.
More details regarding various courses and admissions will be available at
Other highlights of CUSAT
1. International School of Photonics under CUSAT is the only Institute in India offering an opening in core photonic technology, immediately after higher secondary studies.
2. The Department of Statistics is being identified by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India as an advanced centre in Statistics under its 'Special Assistance Programme (SAP)' at DRS level II.
3. Lakeside campus has one of the largest Marine science libraries in Asia.
4. K.M. Mani Centre for Budget studies functions under CUSAT, does research and provide valuable inputs in State budgeting and also concentrates on public finance.
5. Advanced Centre for Atmospheric Radar Research(ACARR) does research in atmospheric sciences with advanced techniques. It helps scientists in accurate predictions by providing detailed informations.
6. CUSAT has centre for enabling technologies for the aged and Women's studies centre.
7. University Library is the first fully automated library in Kerala with 95,000 collections and IP enabled access throughout the campus.
8. Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries have some reservations and has to submit proofs to avail the benefits.
Apply for Admissions
Colleges Affiliated to Cochin University of Science & Technology
Conspi Academy Of Management Studies, Trivandrum, Thiruvananthapuram
Albertian Institute of Science And Technology, Kalamassery, Kochi
College of Engineering, Pathanapuram
Model Polytechnic College, Poonjar
Model Polytechnic College, Painavu
Model Polytechnic College, Kallyassery, Kannur
College of Engineering Thalassery
Co-operative College of Engineering, Kannur
Vikrama College of Engineering, Sirsa
Co-Operative Medical College, (CMC), Cochin
College of Engineering, Kidangoor, Kottayam
Rajagiri Business School, Cochin
College of Engineering, Kalluppara
Don Bosco Institute of Graphic Arts Communication Technology, Cochin
KVM College of Engineering & Information Technology, Alappuzha
information about your college and
Previous Years Question Papers
Find previous years question papers and model question papers from Cochin University of Science & Technology.
B.Tech Degree Examination,Fourth semester(supply),Jan 2011
Supplementary Examination,(fourth semester),Feb 2012,B.Tech Examination
CUSAT Engineering Mathematics III,April 2011
IT 401 Engineering Mathematics,fourth semester,CUSAT
CUSAT B.tech Degree Combined I&II semester Examination june 2011 – 105 – ENGINEERING GRAPHICS
CUSAT B.tech Degree Combined I&II semester Examination june 2011 – 106 – BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
CUSAT B.tech Degree Combined I&II semester Examination june 2011 – 102 – ENGINEERING PHYSICS.
CUSAT B.tech Degree Combined I&II semester Examination june 2012 – 102 – ENGINEERING PHYSICS.
CUSAT B.tech Degree Combined I&II semester Examination june 2012 – 103 – ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY
CUSAT B.tech Degree Combined I&II semester Examination june 2012 - 109- TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
Find more Cochin University of Science & Technology question papers...
previous years question papers and
(No photos found.)
Admission News & Announcements
(No news found.)
Cochin University of Science & Technology
Post News & Announcements
related to this university.
More universities in Kerala
Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University, Kerala
Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Kerala
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies, Kerala
APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala
Central University of Kerala, Kerala
Indian Institute of Space Science and TechnologyIndian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Kerala
National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kerala
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, Kerala
National Institute of Technology, Kerala
Updates & Comments:
(No updates or comments found. Use the option below to submit your comments and feedbacks.)
Return to Universities
Looking for University or College admissions in India for 2023 - 2024 Academic Year?
Kranthi Kumar ...
Last 7 Days
Awards & Gifts
Submit Guest Articles
Promoted by: SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.